Tuesday, June 15, 2021

The Wolf and the Woodsman by Ava Reid


 Compare a book to Naomi Novik's and Katherine Arden's work and I'm the sucker who is sure to pre-order it.  Add a fabulous review from Alix Harrow and I can't get my hands on the book fast enough.  And the cover is gorgeous.

And I'm 1/4th through the book and just not invested.  It's not for me.  I understand how other people adore this book.  But I'm bailing on this one.  Sorry, world.

Definitely give it a try.  It can't be bad, but I have too many books I'm excited to read to fight my way through one that doesn't hold my interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last Graduate by Naomi Novik

The Last Graduate picks up exactly where book one left off.  El played the hero at the end of book one and the Scholomance is determined to ...